How to make paper diamands
Sparkle, sparkle ... even paper diamonds reflect light so beautifully that they turn out to be great decorations and gifts.
Today I want to show you how to make your paper crystals out of paper. You can tinker the diamond as a beautiful table decoration at a diamond wedding, as a small give-aways at weddings, as Christmas tree ornaments as a classic decoration and hang them as origami diamonds on the window.
Step by step: how to make 3d paper gems
- 1 colored construction paper (8.5in x 11in) (weight: 65lb-110lb)
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Bonefolder / awl / ball pen refill etc.
- Cutting mat
1. You need 1 page per diamant. The best will be you use paper with a grammage of up to 230g/m². Print out the template and cut out all solid lines with scissors.
2. Crease all dashed lines with an awl or a bonefolder. Therefore, place a ruler next to the dashed lines and crease the lines by pressing the bonefolder down.
3. Fold the short dashed lines up, i.e. up to you.
4. Use double-sided tape or any glue onto the unprinted side of the flaps. I prefer to craft with adhesive tape because your fingers stay clean. Each number exists twice. Stick all the same numbers together in ascending order (1, 2, 3, ...). Start with section 1 and stick it to the section marked 1 on paper A, pressing firmly enough to make them stick together.